Read the following paragraph and answer the questions that follow.
Both Poe’s father and mother were professional actors. They died before the poet was three years old. John and Frances Allan raised him as a foster child in Richmond, Virginia. Poe attended the University of Virginia for one semester, but he left due to lack of money. Poe quarreled with Allan over the funds for his education and enlisted in the Army in 1827 under an assumed name.
(Adapted from: https://www.myenglishpages.com/site_php_files/reading-edgar-allan-poe-biography.php)
1. What does “they” refer to?
2. What does “him” refer to?
3. What does “he” refer to?
4. What does “his” refer to?
5. What are the subjects found in the paragraph?
6. What are the predicates found in the paragraph?